viernes, 31 de julio de 2015

got my stitches taken out

if there were just a couple more hours in the day i could get so much more done, i rest as lil as a can, try to eat healthy, avoid alcohol, processed foods and caffeine-at least as much as i can, stopped smoking (not tobacco- never smoked that), stay attached to my territory, be aware of what is happening to it, stay connected.... it is taxing. i got my stitches taken out yesterday and i was told not one but two months of recuperation and for 6 weeks that i can not got to the river. 6 weeks.... the water is rising, much faster than anticipated, i don´t know if there will be a river in 6 weeks, or if a stagnant, flooded body of water with dead animals and trees floating, a body of water that is being killed, slowly. most folks, understandable are distressed about getting lands, getting money, getting some compensation before everything really goes to hell and we have nothing to live from and the real pressure starts, to be displaced, to leave, i understand completely... it seems that beyond empty words that the wind takes, no one gives a flying fuck about the animals, the plants, the places, the places that will be no more. a rare blue moon tonight and i can´t spend it next to the river, i have to be in the town, on a friday surrounded by reggeton, vallenato and drunks, lots of drunks. i´ve thought more than once to get help to go down to the river and to not come up until i am healed, to just stay there, with an inner tube until the water forces me to float. with my camera and my machete. i refuse to turn my back on my territory, i have my priorities, we all do, even if it means that i have to do it alone. i am desperate, but i do this from a deep sense of love.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario