jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2020

When I cried in spill out- 7th grade

I had been teased before, normally, called names, threatened, struck across the head, pushed, kicked, I kept it in. Snitches get stitches y pues, quien quiere ser sapo? There were always other students who didn´t like me, I annoyed them, I was weird, eccentric, more into animals than sports, was friends with the weird punk and grunge kids, the shortest student in my grade, really I had been shaped to be bullied and have mastered fronting that everything is good.

After lunch all the students were put into an asphalted lot closed in by chain link fences kept between the cafeteria, part of the school and the parking lots. The hundreds of students that had lunch together were moved into this lot referred to as spill out while the next set of students came into the cafeteria to have lunch as the teachers finished their lunches and picked up their students from spill out. Normally the students would gather and talk and hang while that happened, others would play sports and games.

I don´t know what cause it this day but for some reason three students from 7th grade Civics class with Mr. Russo decided that it was my day. I don´t remember how it happened, what led up to it, but at some point I was pinned up against the chain link fence by Alexis L., Khalid A, and Justin . I can´t remember everything that was said, but I was pushed, I was smacked I was told I was stupid, worthless, a faggot. Khalid whom I was in a group project with the year before me reclamó that I missed the day when we had to compile our data.

At some point I am bawling and all I know as that Security Guards appear and send the four of us to the Vice Principal´s office, Mr. Dreyfuss. We get to the office, the four of us before the VP and the security guards tell him what had happened. I´m asked if it´s true. I say nothing. What happened? Silence. What did they do? I look at the floor. We all get scolded, them for bullying, me for keeping silence and not saying anything.

Going up from the stairs, feeling ashamed, feeling less that anything, than dirt, I apologize to my bullies for getting us caught…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario